PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
This data is collected based on Art. 6 - 1 S. 1 letter f DS-GVO.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or paypal account information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
This data is collected based on Art. 6 - 1 letter b DS-GVO.
You can also choose to create an account, which stores your personal data to facilitate future purchases. If you do choose to create such an account, you voluntarily provide us with data, which we will store unless directed by you not to do so. You can delete your user account and the data you have provided upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We offer you a subscription to a newsletter which will provide you with information regarding our current and new products as well as industry information that we deem relevant. You have to provide us with a valid email address to receive the newsletter. If you do subscribe you express your agreement to receive our newsletter.
You can cancel your newsletter subscription at any time and we will delete your data if you do so.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, in using our justified interest to perform sales and other services for you (Art. 6 - 1 S. 1 letter b DS-GVO), we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We further use payment provides paypal and stripe. You can find their privacy policies here: paypal -https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev?locale.x=de_DE; stripe - https://stripe.com/de/privacy.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations (Art. 6 - 1 S. 1 letter c DS-GVO), to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights (Art. 6 - 1 S. 1 letter f DS-GVO), or if you gave your explicit consent (Art. 6 - 1 S. 1 letter a DS-GVO).
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- twitter: you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at optout.aboutads.info to opt out of seeing interest-based advertising from Twitter in your current browser
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted.
Specifically, your rights are the following (since our company is located in Germany, we are referring here to the German version of the EU privacy law, the DS-GVO):
- Right of information (Art. 15 DS-GVO)
- Right of correction (Art. 16 DS-GVO)
- Right of deletion of your data, except for such instances where that would interfere with the right of free expression and information or public interest, or where data is required for the fulfilment of contractual obligations or for legal proceedings (Art. 17 DS-GVO)
- Right to limit processing of collected data (Art. 18 DS-GVO)
- Right to transfer your data (Art 20 DS-GVO)
- Right to reject the data collected according to Art. 6-1 S. 1 letters e or f DS-GVO (Art. 21 DS-GVO)
- Right to revoke previously given consent. If you exercise this right we will stop processing your data fort he purposes that you had initially gave your consent for (Art 7-3 DS-GVO)
- Right to complain to the supervisory agency (Art. 77 DS-GVO)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 - or whatever is the legal age for consuming alcoholic beverages in your country of residence or current country of stay.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Ile Four (Spyglass Trading Europe GmbH)
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]